Monday, December 10, 2012

Star Fold with a Flip card...It's for Chris-Mukkah!!!

So, I had a request for a "Chris-Mukkah" card (for a family that celebrates both Christmas and Hanukkah) and I saw a flip card and was INSPIRED.  One side had a star fold (made from one sheet of paper).
And the other side has a nice Christmas scene, and TOGETHER...they are "Chris-Mukkah!"
Here's how I did the flip card part. First, start with a paper that is 5" X 7" and score at 2-3/4" and 4-1/4" for 1" on the top and bottom of the card.
 Then, cut at 1-1/2" starting at 1" and ending at 4" on BOTH sides.
Lastly, turn the card 90 degrees and cut from the cuts you made in step 2 to the score lines on all 4 sides. Then, fold on set one way and the other ones in the opposite way.
 Here's how I did the star. Cut a paper 6" by 51/2" and mark it at 3" on the top.
 Then, cut down from your mark to each corner on the bottom.  What you want is an equilateral triangle (yes, I'm a geometry geek).  You do need to adjust it a little to make sure each edge is 6 inches.  It is off by a smidge.
 Then, score on all 3 sides at 2-5/8" and then at 3-1/2".
 Fold the first (inside) line IN, then fold the second (outside) line OUT on all 3 sides.
 Fold each side in, one at a time and then tuck in the last one into the last one into the first flap, kind of like when you close a moving box, but with only 3 sides.
TA-DAH!!!
Thanks for checking in!
Sharon

4 comments:

  1. You are so clever!I bet they LOVED your card!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much....beautiful card and am going to attempt the star..maybe on both sides!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. I need one next week. Hopefully, I get it done by then. Unless you have some extras for sale?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the folds!!!! So clever. I had to laugh at the Snowman card - I have that stamp set still and it is an oldie but goodie!! It was way back when SU! sold the foam stamp sets (remember those?)

    ReplyDelete