I'm on another cooking from scratch kick...it TOTALLY satisfies the frugality/cheapness in me.
I made some refried beans from scratch.
Here's the Pinterest recipe I used.
2 lbs pinto beans
1 large onion, chopped
4 Tbsp. jarred minced garlic
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 tsp cumin
10 cups hot water
- Rinse beans in colander. Pick out the bad beans.
- Combine all the ingredients in the crockpot. Remove any floating beans. Cover, and cook on HIGH for 4 hours and then on LOW for 2 hours
- Uncover, and remove extra liquid. Leave enough liquid to reach the desired consistency when the beans are mashed.
- Mash beans with a potato masher to desired consistency.
- Serve warm. Store in air-tight containers in the refrigerator and use within 2 weeks, or freeze in ziplock bags for later use.
After having some bean and cheese burritos for dinner, I got 3 quart sized ziploc bags full of beans to make more burritos later.
2 days later, I spread some beans and sliced up some cheddar cheese to wrap in some warmed up tortillas. I ended up with 9 burritos total. I ate one for dinner and wrapped the rest in ziplocs and froze them.
I like the my tortillas toasted so I put mine in a pan until it turned golden brown on both sides. YUM!!Here are the rest of the burritos all packed up to freeze to eat later.
Do you have any good freezer recipes to share?
Check out my Freezer Meals Pinterest board
I want to try some some of freezer meals I've pinned, and if I deem them successful, they will then be pinned on my Pinterest WINS!!! board.
Thank you for checking in!
Stampin' Up! Independent Demonstrator #54149
Rubber Stamps and Accessories including Scrapbooking