Saturday, August 11, 2012

My latest card!!!

Here is the card I created for the card contest for the Stampin' Up! meeting I attended today.  And guess what?  I was one of the top 3 in the card contest!!! YAY!!! 

Here's the pink version of the card.  It's called a Shadow Box Card I saw from Dawn Griffin Splitcoast Stampers.  Here's the original tutorial.
Here's my version.  Start with a Whisper White cardstock measuring 4-1/4" X 5-1/2" ( a quarter sheet of a 88-1/2" X 11" sheet).  Score it 1/2" and at 1" on both sides of the short sides. 
Then fold it up at the 1" score mark...

 then fold it out at the 1/2" score mark...
 and place Sticky Strip on the "ledge" you just created.  Cut out another piece, the same size, but in a color cardstock and score it the same, at 1/2" and 1".
Use the Framelits to cut out the hole, save the punched out paper for later.
Then, run the colored cardstock through an embossed folder. Fold it just like the white piece, in at the 1" and out at the 1/2".
Then, fit the two pieces together.

Stamp your image, layer using the saved colored cardstock and stamp a label with your caption.  
TA DAH!!!
And what did I win?  A sampler of the Holiday catalog items...cool, right?
And guess what? My prize inspired me to make something.  Check out my next blog post!
Thanks for checking in!
Sharon




5 comments:

  1. Awesome!! I'm not surprised you won!! Missed you today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wanda! I missed you too, and your card class looked like fun too!

      Delete
  2. Congrats! Missed you at Wanda's class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Card swaps ~ yeah!!! I got to have one of these precious gems! Thanks Sharon and I'm adding your blog as one of my "favs" on my blog... Patty's meeting was so awesome today (as usual), was great seeing you again and samples of your awesome 3-D creations! Julia (http://julialuvs2stamp.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete