Sunday, August 12, 2012

Inspired card using my prize from the card contest!!!

Was it just me, or did you see this in the catalog, and WANTED to make it?




Well, I did with some Garden Green cardstock and running it through the Rosette Die.  It seemed really stiff and was thick when I folded it up.

So, when I won the card contest with all this stuff from the Holiday Catalog, I looked at the paper from the Festival of Prints Designer Series Paper Stack (#126904). It's the paper that is 4-1/2" X 6-1/2" and double sided.  
The math geek in me and the "don't want to waste any paper" me went to work.
So, if you cut it at 1", then 1-1/2" what you have left is 2"...how AWESOME is that?

Then run it through the  Rosette Die, making sure you line up the top edge along one of the score lines. Determine what side is going up and line them all up the same way.
Then, cut some sticky strip and place it on each end, making sure you are doing it all the same on each strip.


Cut a piece of Chocolate chip about 1" wide, and score it at 1/2" at each end.

put sticky strip on each end and fold it like so.

Peel off the sticky strip on each strip, starting with the smallest one and place it along the crease of your card and continue with the other strips, lining them up about 1/2" between them.  Then, add the Chocolate Chip trunk.
So, what do you think?
Thanks for checking in!
Sharon


8 comments:

  1. Super Cute Sharon! Thanks for sharing! You do such amazing work

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cute Sharon and thanks for the instructions. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are both really cute Sharon!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I like the second one better...but both are wonderful! Thanks for sharing how you figured them out!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were fun to figure out, the cardstock one is really thick though

      Delete