Sunday, February 10, 2013

I LOVE YOU card!

Just in time for Valentine's Day!
So, I saw this on Pinterest and thought, that's an awful LOT of cutting...I remembered a card I made YEARS ago, that I thought would be easier.

i heart u card
This is what it looks, closed up with a belly band.

So, I took two pieces of Whisper White, 4-1/4" X 5-1/2" and one 2-1/8" X 5-1/2."
  
I stamped the Got Love? from the Got Treats stamp set on page 51 of the Stampin' Up! catalog in Real Red on the edges of the paper.
Then, I took a piece of Real Red paper, 4-1/4" X 5-1/2", scored it at 2-1/8"  and at 1-1/16" on one side.
Fold the Real Red in half and I drew half of my message, so think half of an "I", half of a heart and half of a "U."  don't worry about it being perfect!

Cut out the letters and heart.  Save the heart for later!!!
This is what it will look like once you open it up. Don't forget to fold the last score line up.
Flip it over and place adhesive on the small part on the left and to the right of the letters only.
 Keep it upside down, and place the small piece of Whisper White, upside down, onto the left side.

 Flip the piece you just made over and place it on the larger piece of Whisper White, making sure both right sides line up.  Here's a top view.
So, open, it should look like this,

 And closed, it should look like this
The belly band is a 1" X 8-1/2," wrap it around your card. 
 Close it with the heart you cut out from the Real Red cardstock.


So, what do you think?
Thanks for checking in!
Sharon

2 comments:

  1. Only you would attempt this wonderful card...fabulous job and wonderful instructions. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete