Saturday, January 19, 2013

Look what I made! A tent card!

Every quarter I get to meet with my fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrators and we swap.  What does that mean?  I make 20+ card fronts (not a whole card, just the front) and swap, and come home with 20+ different card ideas I can use to copy and recreate or inspire me to make my own version of.
I got my idea from Beate's tutorial.
Here is my swap, it's a tent card.
 And here is a side view of it, see how it stands like a tent?  Here's how you make it.

I started with a piece of Whisper White cardstock and cut it to 4-1/4" X 11"
(Cut a sheet of  8-1/2" X 11" in half vertically), then score it at 1", 2", 3" and 7"

Then, I punched  the Extra-Large Oval as far as it could go on the paper and then used the Designer Frames Folder to make the oval frame around the hole I punched.



I punched a scrap piece of paper with the Scallop Edge Border and sponged "waves" with Pacific Point ink.  After sponging the first wave, I moved the scallop slightly and sponged it 2 more times.

I used the newest Clearlits Die Happy Whale to cut out a whale, and fish out of Pacific Point and used it again for the red heart.

Using a SU! Dimensional, I attached the whale to the card, put on a small pearl for the eye, stamped the hearts squirting and the words, "Whale you be mine?" and added the punched out fish.

Then, I folded the lines accordion style.  Starting at the 1" fold, fold up, then down, then up again.  The last line at 7" will be a fold down.

Then, I cut a piece of Designer Series Paper from the Afternoon Daydream Simply Scrappin' Kit and adhered it on the side opposite of the oval hole and glued the heart in the space by the whale.

Lastly, you adhere the last flap behind the side with the oval hole punched out. Depending on where you punched out the oval, you may have to trim a bit of the end of the card so it won't show  through the oval hole.
So, what do you think?
Thank you for checking in!
Sharon

2 comments:

  1. So cute!!! Absolutely loved it! It was great meeting you yesterday, I look forward to more stamping fun in the months to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have complimented you too much on this card (and all of your past creations!) but have to again...I am expecting a box from SU! with my whale stuff and other things...can't wait to play with this little guy! TFS!

    ReplyDelete