Monday, February 11, 2013

Never ending cards...SO FUN!!!

I'm not sure when I first saw this card, but I fell in LOVE with the way it folds and flips. It technically has 4 different sides to it.
I will have the finished version on my next post where I showed my cards I make for my co-workers using 12X12 paper.
Below are 2 versions of tutorials, one for a 5-1/2" by 4-1/4" card and another for one that is 6" by 6".
TUTORIAL #1:
For the A2 card (5-1/2" by 4-1/4"), I started with 2 pieces of 5-1/2" by 4-1/4".  I used 2 different textured papers so you can tell the difference.
 Score one at 1-1/16" on both ends VERTICALLY and score the other one at 1-3/8" on both ends HORIZONTALLY.
 Then, cut them in half, the one you scored VERTICALLY at 2-3/4" and the one you scored HORIZONTALLY at 2-1/8".
 Then, apply adhesive on the corners only, using the score lines as your guidelines.
 Press on the top layer on the adhesive.
 This is what it looks like opened.
 Next opening looks like this:
 And the last opening is the back of the bottom paper.
So, this one took A LOT of math, and I LOVE math and all, but I LOVE easy math even better.
TUTORIAL #2:
Here's the 6"X6" version of the Never Ending Card.   Start with 2 pieces of 6"X6" paper.

 Score at 1-1/2" on both ends of both papers.
 Cut at 3" HORIZONTALLY on one and VERTICALLY on the other paper.

 Place adhesive on corners only, using the score lines as guidelines.
 Then, place the top layer on top of the adhesive, making sure the cuts are opposite.
 Here is the second "side."
 And, here's the third side.
 And here is the last side, the back of the bottom paper.  You can decorate each "side" uniquely.
So, what do you think?
Thanks for checking in!
Sharon

1 comment:

  1. Great technique or fold...but looks very time consuming, LOTS of patience...may have to give it a try just so I can say that yeah, I made one...LOL! Thank you for the great details and pictures!

    ReplyDelete