Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Countdown!!!

Only two more days of work and I am off to the Cook Islands.
My flight leaves Friday night and I will arrive in Auckland, New Zealand at 5:30 am and my flight to Raratonga doesn't leave until 4:30pm.

My sister Betty researched some cool stuff I can do in Auckland while I am killing time. Maybe I'll take a tour of the town or something, I figure when will I ever be in Auckland ever again, huh?

I'm going to finish packing and get all my paperwork in order and I should be good to go. Thanks for everyone's well wishes. I will try and take lots of pictures and blog semi-regularly.

Wish me luck!
Sharon

4 comments:

  1. Ohmygosh Sharon, I am soooo excited for you, this is going to be one awesome adventure and I cant wait to read all about it on your blog. Please take thousands of pictures and dont forget to take a moment to soak everything up while youre there. It will go by soo fast!

    Peace and love
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon,

    All the best for your trip and bon voyage! It'll be really cool to see the wonderful sights of New Zealand. Enjoy your sabbatical, we're looking forward to many great pictures!

    Terence
    STRAT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon-
    Auckland is a fun town. Dusty (my husband) and I visited on our Honeymoon. If you have time you could go to the Sky Tower on a tour there are two types one that goes 1/2 way up and a second that goes all the way to the top and you can see the entire city! Now if that is scary to you, you could visit Kelly Tarltons Under Water World, it is kinda like the Monatray Bay aquirum but I think it is better...THEY HAVE PENGUINS!
    Anyways there is so much to do, you could also catch a shuttle they are way cheaper than a taxi and most of them meet at the Sky Tower. Have fun can't wait to see your pictures:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon that sounds like fun. I look forward to some photos on this blog. Enjoy!

    --joe

    ReplyDelete