Sunday, October 26, 2008

Random find!!!

We were channel surfing today and stopped on a special on the local PBS station here in WDC, WETA. They were talking all about Chinese immigrants and such and on the various Chinatowns all over. One shot was a far away shot with the host speaking in the middle of the sidewalk and lo and behold, Betty and I shouted, " Hey, there's cousin Robert Won and Uncle Johnny!" They just happen to be standing next to the host as they panned out to the street shot of Chinatown in S.F. They both were turned around and facing the camera as the host spoke. Funny, huh?

If you are interested in the show, Betty found it here:

http://www.globetrekkerstore.com/dvdschinatown.html

I'm going to try and see if it's available at the library when I get back.
We know FAMOUS people!

2 comments:

  1. that must have been exciting, seeing someone you know on tv over there. sounds like your having a lot of fun...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are wearing me out just reading all of the stuff you are cramming into your vacation! I think you need to plan all of my excursions on my next trip! That way, I won't miss a thing! Good thing you have a week of rest before you head back to work! You must be exhausted! Kirsten

    ReplyDelete