Sunday, November 25, 2012

My latest card class!!!

Hello there!  My friend Andrea wanted to have a card class at her house, so I came over today with a bin full of materials and my Big Shot and Ta-Dah!!! Here are the projects we made, first up is the Triple Layer card. At first, they were intimidated about the card, it SEEMED hard to do, but it wasn't. After a little lesson on stamping it "randomly," they were all successful in creating their cards.  (NOTE:  I told them the "secret" to making it "random," is to stamp so that part of the image is off the paper, and not try to "fit" it all on the paper)
 Next, are gift card holders, here they are closed:
 Here are the card holders with the "gift card" coming out of the holders. What's great about them is that you can make 4 per 8-1/2" X 11" cardstock.  Just score them at 1/2" and then at 3", put some Sticky Strip on the 1/2" strip to close it up.  Decorate as needed, punch a hole through the holder, string through 16" of ribbon through the hole, even up the ends and push the gift card down into the holder and tie it off with a bow!  The gift card easily slides in and out.
 Then, I used a template I found online from Connie Babbert (http://inkspiredtreasures.com/cards/stamping-411-folded-christmas-tree/)to fold a Christmas tree from a circle of scrapbooking paper. You cut a 5-1/4" circle, fold it in half and follow her template.  Then, we decorated it with some extra garland I had and some Christmas colored buttons.
 Then, we ended with the GRAND FINALE...The Hershey bar snowman.  I got the template free from Laurie Furnell (http://lauriefurnell.blogspot.com/2008/11/snowman-freebie.html) I had some jingle bells and had them add them onto the hat with theirs. I forgot to take a picture of them.
 As a "Thank You" to Andrea for hosting the class, I made her a card to look like her cat Ted. I used the Top Note Die from an idea from Laura Lipe (http://smileslaura.blogspot.com/2012/11/top-note-dogs-and-cats.html) .  I cat-sat for Ted when she first got Ted as a kitten, so truth be told, he is my favorite.  I can't believe how big of a cat he is!
Thank you Andrea, Shelley, Michaela and Vicky for making cards with me!!!  
Thanks for checking in!
Sharon

2 comments:

  1. I just made the Santa gift card holder....how wonderfully easy! Thank you again for sharing these projects!

    ReplyDelete