Thursday, October 31, 2013

Popcorn Halloween costume

A co-worker of mine showed me this picture of this costume for her and her baby found on Pinterest.
I told her to buy some white and red felt and I went to work! I cut the top of the white felt in a zig-zag pattern using a small triangle as a template.  Then, I cut the red felt into 1 inch strips.  I hot glued the strips onto the white felt.  Next, I die cut the letters to spell out "popcorn" and hot glued them onto another strip of white felt and glued it to the center of the popcorn bag.  I used some leftover felt and cut out 4 strips and safety pinned them to the four corners in order for her to tie it to the baby carrier.

This is what I made:

She couldn't find a red bow tie, so I cut some of the leftover red felt and used a little strip to make the middle and used a safety pin to hold it together and to pin it on.


Then, she popped some popcorn and I showed her how to hot glue it to the baby hat.

What do you think?

Thanks for checking in!
Sharon
EMAIL: lim5harona@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment