Saturday, November 9, 2013

Holiday treats at work!

Every year I help with planning an children's activity at our Halloween Ho-ho at work and the last few years we have decorated plain sugar cookies and/or cupcakes with frosting and some random candies.

It's always a lot of fun because my mom and nieces help out with the table and then help pass out candies to the kids.  I also emcee the costume contest and it's such a blast seeing all the different costumes every year.

Last year I wanted to do something different, so off to Pinterest I went and got inspired to make these:
We used a chocolate doughnut, pretzels, candy eyes and M & M's.
This year I found owl\ cupcakes on Pinterest using Oreo cookies, M & M's and we used candy corn instead of an M & M for the beak.
 As Dolly and I were shopping for the supplies, we saw this picture on a magazine at checkout, so we decided to print this picture out to inspire the kids to create whatever their heart desired.  I'm sad I didn't take any pictures of their creations!
Now I have to think of a good one for the Children's Holiday Ho-ho...hmmm.  I think I'm going back to Pinterest...
Thanks for checking in!
Sharon
EMAIL: lim5harona@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment