Monday, December 30, 2013

Organizing, Purging, and Cleaning up...Some of my FAVORITE things!!!

One of my favorite things to do is to organize OTHER people's stuff.  Check out my Clean Sweep blog post from back in March.  It's SO much EASIER for me to go through someone else's stuff.
Please don't ask me about MY STUFF.

My sister Betty is moving soon and called me to help her go through her stuff so she would have LESS to move.  So, today we went through some of the boxes she had in her room.

We ended up with a few piles, since one of the principles is having ZONES for everything:

  • Sell on eBay or Donate
  • Return to Mom
  • Electronics 
  • Items to Scrapbook 
  • Linens
  • Camping
  • Triathlon stuff (divided into Swim, Bike, and Running) 
  • Winter wear (gloves, scarves, hats, etc)
  • Books
  • Bookshelf items to go into the yet to be assembled shelf from IKEA
  • Stuff to go through later and original packaging boxes to save "just in case"
  • Recycling
  • Trash
So proud of Betty, she got rid of a TON of stuff!!!

Two and a half hours later, and we had a FULL Trash bag, a FULL Recycling bag, a box for me to take home, and FOUR bags to either Sell on eBay or to Donate.
I think it was successful!!!  I wish I would have taken pictures, but I didn't, we were too focused.

WHO'S NEXT???

Thanks for checking in!
Sharon
EMAIL: lim5harona@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment