Friday, September 14, 2012

Ladybug invitations with matching handmade envelopes!!!

My co-worker, Naomi's daughter is celebrating her 3rd birthday, and she wanted these invitations she found on Etsy, so I said I could make something like them.
What do you think?  Pretty close, eh?  Here is it opened... 
 Here is it closed...
Here is what 25 invitations and handmade envelopes look like.  Yes, I cut and folded each envelope myself because she wanted matching envelopes. I used the Simply Scoring tool, started with an 7-7/8" square and using the Diagonal Score tool, I scored at 3-1/8" and 4-1/8" on opposite sides of the envelope.
 My friend Erica always told me to package my cards, (only because I didn't package her cards so nicely, "Sorry Erica, you were one of my first customers!") so I have taken her advice to heart each time I have some cards to give.  I had some leftover paper from the invitations and some nice corrugated paper I had "saved for something."  I decided it was saved to make the packaging for Naomi's cards.


Thanks for checking in!
Sharon

3 comments:

  1. Awesome invitations & I love the box you made for them. I know for me its all about the packaging.....I'm sure your co-worker loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute and I love the box! I am sure she will love them!!!

    ReplyDelete