Saturday, June 29, 2013

Baby Shower invitations!

My friend Lisa's sister Samantha is having a baby and she asked me to make the invitations.  Lisa brought me the plate for the shower theme to inspire me to make matching invitations.
Here's the plate:
I decided to focus on the monkey.
Here is my version of a punch art monkey. 
I first scored the 8-1/2" X 11" paper along the 4-1/4" and then cut it in half just like I would create a regular card, and folded it in half.  Then, I placed the fold on the Circle Scallops die leaving about 5 scallops peeking out.  That's what makes it a card that folds. 
Here is the invitation opened with the party information inside.

 Here is what 30 invitations looks like.  I used a variety of circles for the ears and eyes, a large oval for the mouth and hand cut a 1/2" circle for the nose.  I drew the mouth freehand and used a sponge dauber to accent the cheeks.
 I wanted to present the invitations in a box, so I cut some sturdy cardstock to 11" X 11" and scored using the Simply Scored Diagonal plate at 3-1/2" and 5-1/2" on opposite sides and 4-1/2" and 6-1/2" on the other sides.
 Then, I cut all the way to the center rectangle on all four sides.
 Then, I cut out the small corners it formed and taped it together.
 And I used the Modern Label punch and two silver brads to hold the flap down.
I had to make 2 boxes to hold all 30 invitations and envelopes.  So, then, I tied them all up with some pretty ribbon for a great presentation.
 Let me know what you think!
Thanks for checking in!
Sharon
EMAIL: lim5harona@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment