Saturday, January 12, 2013

My first card class of 2013!

For the first card, stampers picked one of these "Button Buddies" card to make.  I decided to use a faux ripping technique I saw Cindee Wilkinson do on her blog. I wasn't brave enough to use more than one color like Cindee did, maybe next time I will blend some colors together. I'm so "monochromatic" sometimes...
So, how did I achieve this look?  I ripped a piece of scratch paper and lay it on the card at an angle, inked up a sponge and started rubbing.  I found the more you rub, the darker the color.  So, a different way of adding color without adding the bulk of another layer of cardstock. Here are each of 3 cards close up.


Next up is a card using the new stamp set, Oh Whale!  I also used the Oval Designer Frame Folders to highlight the whale.  I love that you can stamp the whale and use the matching die to cut it out with the Big Shot, and don't have hand cut it out.

 Next up is a stair step card. On the outside, I used the new Vine Streeet Embossing Folder on the cover along with the Fun Flowers Bigz L Die.  I cut out Pretty in Pink and Rose Red flowers and alternating the different size flowers. I also used a bone folder to curl edges of the flowers to give it a little more dimension.
 For the inside, I used Laura Lipe's Tri-Step card technique,  I also cut out a piece of Whisper White cardstock with the Floral Frames Framelits so something could be written in the card. And as an added accent, I used the "A Fitting Occasion" stamp set which has 6 different circles with different messages and 15 different little pictures to stamp on the inside of the circles.  I chose a pair of scissors with the sentiment "Made for you." I love being able to customize my cards depending on the theme of the card.
 The last card is one I made before for friends, and decided to make it in class today.  I used the Woodgrain Textured Impressions Folder to add texture to the front of the card.  I love that the newer Embossing folders are longer and emboss so much more cardstock (The Vine Street one from the previous card is also a longer folder too).
Here is the inside of the card.

I hope you can join me on April 13th when I have my next card class.  Contact me at lim5harona@gmail.com for more information.

Thanks for checking in!
Sharon Lim

2 comments:

  1. Cute cards Sharon! I'm sure you are ready to advance to two colors for your faux tearing card now!Be brave, I know you can do it! See you on Saturday for Patty's meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are fabulous...my fav is the stair step card...will you share how you did this one, please? Thanks and hope to see you next Saturday!

    ReplyDelete