Saturday, January 12, 2013

My first card class of 2013!

For the first card, stampers picked one of these "Button Buddies" card to make.  I decided to use a faux ripping technique I saw Cindee Wilkinson do on her blog. I wasn't brave enough to use more than one color like Cindee did, maybe next time I will blend some colors together. I'm so "monochromatic" sometimes...
So, how did I achieve this look?  I ripped a piece of scratch paper and lay it on the card at an angle, inked up a sponge and started rubbing.  I found the more you rub, the darker the color.  So, a different way of adding color without adding the bulk of another layer of cardstock. Here are each of 3 cards close up.


Next up is a card using the new stamp set, Oh Whale!  I also used the Oval Designer Frame Folders to highlight the whale.  I love that you can stamp the whale and use the matching die to cut it out with the Big Shot, and don't have hand cut it out.

 Next up is a stair step card. On the outside, I used the new Vine Streeet Embossing Folder on the cover along with the Fun Flowers Bigz L Die.  I cut out Pretty in Pink and Rose Red flowers and alternating the different size flowers. I also used a bone folder to curl edges of the flowers to give it a little more dimension.
 For the inside, I used Laura Lipe's Tri-Step card technique,  I also cut out a piece of Whisper White cardstock with the Floral Frames Framelits so something could be written in the card. And as an added accent, I used the "A Fitting Occasion" stamp set which has 6 different circles with different messages and 15 different little pictures to stamp on the inside of the circles.  I chose a pair of scissors with the sentiment "Made for you." I love being able to customize my cards depending on the theme of the card.
 The last card is one I made before for friends, and decided to make it in class today.  I used the Woodgrain Textured Impressions Folder to add texture to the front of the card.  I love that the newer Embossing folders are longer and emboss so much more cardstock (The Vine Street one from the previous card is also a longer folder too).
Here is the inside of the card.

I hope you can join me on April 13th when I have my next card class.  Contact me at lim5harona@gmail.com for more information.

Thanks for checking in!
Sharon Lim